October is Fair Trade Month!
During the house concert at Christ Lutheran Church featuring Berkley Hart, the San Diego Friends of Fair Trade hosted a fair trade wine and chocolate tasting.
Fair Trade wine from Prestige Wine www.prestigewinegroup.com and Fair Trade chocolate from Marcie Sweets www.marciesweets.com - both available at your local Whole Foods.
Courtyard at Christ Lutheran
4761 Cass Street
San Diego, CA 92109
About Berkley Hart: www.berkleyhart.com
Hailed as masters of both two part harmony and dazzling song craft, over the past ten years, Berkley Hart have established themselves as one of the premier acoustic duos touring the country. In concert the duo shines, the obvious camaraderie between these two top songwriters driving each performance. Add in virtuoso playing from both Jeff Berkley (guitar, percussion) and Calman Hart (guitar, harmonica) as well as their good natured humor and it’s easy to see why the two have become live favorites. That said, it’s their acclaimed albums which have racked up the accolades, each filled with tunes as catchy as you’re likely to come across.
My My My (from CD “Something to Fall Back On”)
Sink of Swim (from CD ”Wreck ‘N Sow”)
Enough’s Enough (from CD “Twelve”)
Pocket Change (from CD “Pocket Change)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
"Reach Across The World - Transforming Lives Through Fair Trade" with Keynote Speaker, Jackie DeCarlo, author of Fair Trade - A Beginner's Guide.
A giant thanks to those that came out to our World Fair Trade Day event on May 10th! We had a blast and best of all, we had the opportunity to meet so many folks from our community with an interest in Fair Trade. The enthusiasm, curiosity and discussion brought so much inspiration and excitement to the day!
We know many of you made sure to attend so you could raise your mug in solidarity and support for World Fair Trade Day and also to help us break the record for the World’s Largest Coffee Break.
Well…we did it! Our official tally here in San Diego at Café Moto was 111 people – awesome turn out! With your help, 12,128 people in more than 150 locations from coast to coast convened to set the record for the World’s Largest Fair Trade Coffee Break.
For a full-page slideshow of the SAN DIEGO World Fair Trade Event, click here.
Our day at Cafe Moto was chock full of info, festivities, feasts and friends. It was nearly endless fair trade fun with:
- continental breakfast and endless fair trade coffee and tea generously donated by Cafe Moto
- a very informative and engaging presentation and book signing by Jackie DeCarlo, author of Fair Trade - A Beginner's Guide
- a great skit illustrating the concept of fair trade, from the students at University of San Diego
- fabulous fair trade chocolate tasting with treats from Theo Chocolate, Alter Eco, Larabar, Divine Chocolate and Marcie Sweets
- heartfelt presentations from business, faith and non-profit leaders
- fun gift bags full of fair trade fare and info
- fair trade shopping from Karma Market, The Purpose, The Tomorrow Project, Marcie Sweets, Open Door Books and Cafe Justo
- fair trade rose bouquets just in time for Mother's Day
- soup and bread lunch with the help from The Tomorrow Project and Bread and Cie
- raffle prizes
- and of course – The Worlds Largest Coffee Break!
Watch the Video Clip of the World’s Largest Fair Trade Coffee Break
To hear the kind words about our event from our Keynote Speaker, Jackie DeCarlo, please visit her blog at http://fairtrade.crs-blog.org/ . See post from May 11, 2008.